How to help
All guests of the Bushcamp Company help support the projects through contributions to the Luangwa Conservation & Community Fund. If you would like to offer further support, there are plenty of ways to offer support. Please read on for details!
Gifts for Student Prizes
If you are coming on safari with the Bushcamp Company, and have space left in your suitcase, you may wish to bring out a few small items to donate. We use these gifts as motivational prizes at the end of each term for the teachers to award to the top performing students at local schools.
Ideal donations include:
- Pens, pencils, rubbers/erasers & pencil sharpeners
- Pencil Cases & calculators
- Wind-up torches
- Card games
- Any type of arts & crafts materials
- Balloons & stickers (great motivational tool for younger pupils)
- Footballs with pumps
- Sports kits
Monetary donations of any amount are greatly appreciated and go towards the areas that we have determined to be critically important, that are outlined through these pages. When appropriate, individual donations are pooled in order to fund more extensive projects or programmes.
Donations can be transferred to the Charity Begins at Home bank account in Zambia. Please put your name as the reference and remember to contact us so we can say thank you!
US Dollar Account No: 1598090500192
Swift Code: ZNCOZMLU
Bank: Zambia National Commercial Bank
Bank Address: Mfuwe International Airport, P.O.Box 87, Mfuwe, Zambia
For those based in America, please click here to donate. This will open a new web page for Friends of Charity Begins at Home, a 501(c)(3) registered charity to facilitate donations from the US.
What does your donation do?
- $50 – pays for a CSL anti-snaring day patrol
- $100 – pays for drugs to de-snare a lion
- $250 – pays for 1.5 hours wildlife monitoring flight
- $500 – pays for drugs to de-snare an elephant
- $1000 – pays a CSL scout’s salary for 6 months
- $75 – feeds one pupil for an entire school year through the Meal-a-Day programme
- $100 – pays for 50 seedlings for tree-planting
- $150 – pays for school fees, books, uniforms, and shoes for a primary school pupil for one year
- $250 – pays for exercise books for one class of 40 kids
- $1000 – sponsors a pupil in secondary boarding school for one year
- $1000 – pays a teacher’s salary for a year
- $2000 – pays one year of college education for a student
- $7000 – drills a borehole providing clean drinking water for thousands